ESSER III Funds
Renaissance Academy was awarded ESSER III funds in the amount of $212,403.55 which have been allocated to support the following needs due to the ongoing impact of COVID-19:
Learning Loss Recovery ($90,170.84)
- Teacher Trainer/Curriculum Coach: hired to oversee, assist, direct, and ensure differentiation of instruction in all classrooms, focus on academic needs of special populations and help teachers to analyze students’ strengths and target areas for improvement.
- Summer Camps: 4 weeks of summer camps on a variety of educational topics to provide an opportunity for learning recovery.
- Tutoring: Remediation to assist struggling students in overcoming weaknesses and develop mastery in reading, writing and mathematics.
Social Distancing ($119,232.71)
- Additional Classroom: Opened an additional self-contained 4th-6th grade classroom to increase social distancing.
- Outdoor Learning Spaces: Shelters, furniture, and classroom materials for outdoor classroom spaces.
Social-Emotional Support ($3000)
- Planning and implementing enrichment programming to address SEL needs of students adversely affected by COVID-19.
Renaissance Academy Charter School is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors. As a non-profit organization, the collective obligation of the Board is to uphold and further the mission of the school. The Board’s primary functions are to set general policies, secure the financing of the school, and plan for its future. All implementation, overseeing of day to day operations, personnel matters, and relationships with students and families are the responsibility of the Head of School and the school’s Administrative Team. The Board relies upon the Administration to hear and adjudicate any grievances according to the policies of the school. Renaissance Academy Charter School Board Meetings are open (with the understanding that non-board members may attend and observe; and the understanding that the board will close meetings in executive session when discussing confidential matters). Meetings are usually held in the school library at 6:30pm on the 3rd Thursday every month. Minutes and agendas of each Board meeting are available upon request through the school office for review. If you plan to attend a meeting, please confirm its time and location with the office, as they are both subject to change.
Renaissance has adopted the following Continuous Learning Plan for the remainder of the 2019-20 school year.
Renaissance Board Members
Ann Bates – President
Jack Stewart – Vice President
Heidi Potucek – Treasurer
Melissa Lilly – Secretary